Re: [N8VEM-S100:1102] dual IDE card

>> Hi!  Try a diode with a lower forward voltage drop like a Schottky or Germanium diode.
>> It must be able to carry 1A current though.  A Si diode will drop 0.7V which may be
>> pushing your TIL311’s too low.

I tried all kinds of diodes, including a germanium.  None seemed to supply enough power (the displays showed "-").  The polarity was fine.  A wire jumper did the trick, and the digits aren't too bright or "hot".  Both 5v regulators on the card remain cool when it is in use.  I will probably pull the TIL311's anyway, after all the check-out.  They are quite visible when the card is in an extender, but what good will they be when the card is down in the card cage?