Re: ZFDC Controller under control of the PC-BIOS??

John and others -

I'm having the same problems as Frank, so will re-open this thread.

My system is a "generic" N8VEM S100 system with
Z80 CPU V2
8088 CPU
4mb SRAM
Propeller Console I/O
Parallel Board
SMB V2
MS-DOS Support V2
Serial I/O

I've now constructed a ZFDC and adjusted the Data Separator.  I'm using a single Teac HF-235 1.44mb 3.5" drive as "A".

I can set the drive type, format the disk, and run the sequential R/W tests without errors.  When I try to boot MS-DOS or FREE-DOS I get the same error (03DH) as Frank is getting.

One thing I've questioning - does the zfdc.hex file on the S100Computer.com site  in the ZFDC-SOURCE-FILES-1.ZIP match the ZFDC.Z80 source?   When I assemble the ZFDC.Z80 source I get a ZFDC.HEX file that doesn't match (and doesn't work).

- Gary