JAIR Josh's 8080a replacement board JP8 Jumper Memory disable

I'm attempting to test some Solid State Music SB1 Music Synthesizer Boards. They can be addressed as memory, dip switch configurable, from 32k.

I'm using Josh's 8080 Imsai Altair Replacement board running v1.2 ROM.

I want to cut a hole in the onboard RAM so I can address the SB1 card at the hole. I'm trying to open up at 48k 0xC000. I removed the 7th from the left jumper on J8. The J9 jumper is open.

I fired up ddt to prove I couldn't write to memory at that address with the SB1 removed. I filled ram by entering: "fc000,cc00,ab" then dumped memory with "dc000" The dump showed that I had filled memory by reporting several lines of 'AB' if I didn't have memory available at 0xC000 I shouldn't be able to alter it correct? I'd expect all 0xFF or 0x00 true? So it appears that I haven't disabled an 8k block of memory at 0xC000.

Am I reading and understanding the JAIR v3 pdf docs correctly? Can I block out onboard memory so that I can use external memory and still boot cp/m from the JAIR?

By the way I tried the Dump in the Monitor but didn't grok all the syntax. Is there some syntax documentation for the Monitor? It's based off the N8VEM monitor isn't it? What key would terminate a Dump when 'Press any key to continue' is displayed?