RE: [N8VEM-S100:6687] JAIR Josh's 8080a replacement board JP8 Jumper Memory disable

Hi Jeff,

That should work (if you're not trying to run my firmware or the CP/M it loads).  I did test the design using external RAM boards.  By removing the jumper in JP8 & JP9, the board should be accessing the S-100 bus for RAM in the following address ranges.

Left jumper   0-0x1FFF
2nd FTL  0x2000-0x3FFF
3rd FTL  0x4000-0x5FFF
4th FTL  0x6000-0x7FFF
5th FTL  0x8000-0x9FFF
6th FTL  0xA000-0xBFFF
7th FTL  0xC000-0xDFFF
Right Jumper  0xE000-0xFFFF

I don't know much about ddt, so I can't help you there, but if you can wait until after VCF East (in 2 weeks), I can take the time to test my board and see if I am getting the same results.  PS. When I did my tests of these jumpers, it was for the first and 2nd blocks of 8K only... I didn't test every block figuring if it can work on the first 2 blocks, it should work for all.

V1.2 (and V2.x) loads the "menu" (to select Monitor or boot CP/M) at address 0xDB00.  So with the 7th jumper out, there better be some RAM to cover 0xDB00 to 0xDFFF on the S-100 bus.
Just to be clear, it's the MENU and Monitor that sit at 0xDB00, when you load CP/M, CP/M's BIOS starts at 0xEE00...  here's a snippet from the listing file...

2449   EC2E             CCP        .EQU  (MSIZE-7)*1024    ;START OF CPM (D800)
2450   EC2E             BDOS        .EQU  CCP+806H        ;START OF BDOS (E006)
2451   EC2E             BIOS        .EQU  CCP+1600H        ;START OF BIOS (EE00)

You can see the Command Processor actually loads at 0xD800.

The monitor is my own work, pressing <ESC> usually is the cancel button.

Regards,
Josh