Optical Enhancement

OK, I'm 50 now and my eyesight has been going downhill for the
last 6 years.  I haven't been to an eye doctor but I do use readers
to get by.  Recently this has been an annoyance regarding my hobby.

I do use more light and an articulated lighted bench magnifier.
This works for the most part, but depending on what I'm doing,
the distance from the lens to the work surface doesn't always
allow for me to get my iron in the right position to solder (steep angles)

I always find my self moving the lens off to the side, it gets in the
way and I have to do this to correct my orientation.  If you have used
the articulating magnifiers, you know they can be a pain.

Well on a whim, I bought this online from Radio Shack ($31);

http://www.carson.com/magnifiers/pro/1342-cp-60

I have never been excited about a purchase, but this is awesome !

Using the 2.0x lens I get 8" - 10" of distance to my workspace.  It's
light weight and doesn't get in the way.

I can't wait to do some soldering !

 Todd