FW: N8VEM

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Bardeen [mailto:cbar...@me.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 3:48 AM
To: LYN...@YAHOO.COM
Subject: N8VEM

Hi Andrew,

Love the work you have been doing and the web site you have put together for the S-100 bus computers. I am working on resurrecting my old IMSAI 8080 machine (with Z-80 CPU). I do have an IMSAI MIO board, but am very interested in your Serial IO S-100 Board (v2) to provide a better interface to allow me to download data and programs from my desktop computer (a Mac) to the IMSAI. The biggest problem I remember having with the machine was how flaky both the Tarbell and the MIO cassette interfaces were, which made storing and loading programs a real pain. Back in the day, I was a student and didn’t have the money for a floppy drive. So now it seems like the best solution is to store information on my desktop and use the serial or USB ports to transfer data. I also love that you have added the voice synthesizer to this design. I am assuming that I could also use this interface as my console rather that the IMSAI VIO or the Merlin video cards that I have and avoid the problem of finding an appropriate keyboard. I think my old one got destroyed in a fire.

So I don’t know where you stand in terms of having boards available, but I would be very interested in purchasing one from you should they become available. What is the cost for the board?

Thanks again for all your work,

Chuck