Re: [N8VEM-S100:6564] Re: Wordstar questions

Thanks for your response , Roger.

I use Wordstar v3 because that's what I have.  If I had v4, perhaps I would try that.  The menu you list here is very similar to v3, but you have a few I don't have that sound intriguing: ANSI Standard, Liberty Freedom 100 (perhaps a VT-100 clone), Qume 102 (also maybe a clone) and Minimum ANSI.

Do you know where I might find the files for Wordstar v4?  I would give this a whirl!

Thanks!

Bob Bell

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:25 PM, norwestrzh via N8VEM-S100 <n8vem...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,

>> I still use Wordstar v3 for occasional, quick edits on files directly on my S-100 CP/M v2.2 machines.

Is there some reason that you still use WordStar v3??  I think there are more terminal options provided with v4?  I use it with minicom (on Linux), and I think there was an option for ANSI (I did this a long time ago, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly?).  Anyway, it works fine with minicom, which (I think) is kind of ANSI or VT100??  I've not played with a lot of the escape codes (with WordStar), but I have used some escape codes with minicom (for a full screen Sudoku application that I wrote for CP/M), and they seem to work as advertised.

I'll check my WordStar v4 install options today and report back.

Roger