Re: [N8VEM-S100:5535] SCC and Z80/8086 monitor

Hi Rich --

I have attached three files for the loopback program I¹m using
(hopefully
they get posted). It¹s a bit of a hack-job, clipping pieces of code
from
different places plus what¹s on S100-Computers. I¹m actually
surprised it
worked the first time.

Got the code, and looking at it, I can't see any obvious problems. I've got to get back to doing some tests ... soon.

But, for the sake of discussion, here are two hacks of my own. The one called spray works quite well (just sends a repeating line of ASCII to a second serial device via the serial card. The other (appropriately called "hack"), is a chopped down version of the "myio" code. It doesn't work.

I'm wondering what your jumpers around P60 and P62 look like? I've got positions (from left to right, I will call them 1 through 8) 1,2,3,5,6,7 jumpered with shorting blocks, and positions 4(bottom) and 8(top) connected with a bit of wire wrap wire. I'm wondering if positions 6 and 7 ought to be jumpered at the top of P62 (DCD of the 82c30 pulled to ground) instead?

Roger