From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of lynchaj
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:46 AM
To: N8VEM-S100
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:175] Re: S-100 Console IO boards ordered!

Hi Todd!  Thanks!  Yes, the S-100 Console IO boards are intended to emulate
a serial port and its connection to a terminal.  It doesn't matter what
operating system you use since it appears as a generic UART (or USART, ACIA,
etc).

The board is flexible with regards to what UART configuration it can emulate
but will require some changes to the Propeller program and configuration
jumpers if it is something other than the default setting.  John has a
description on the S100computers.com website.

On Apr 18, 9:48 pm, litte...@mchsi.com wrote:
> I would like one of these boards, but I have no plans of running CP/M
> right now, just booting from N* Dos & Basic on an Imsai 8080.
>
> If it could emulate a serial port,
> I'd be interested.
>
> Todd

it is basically a terminal in an S-100 board.

> You plug in a VGA monitor and PS/2 keyboard and it replaces or augments
the serial board and terminal combination.