Writing CF Disk Image to PC

Hi Everyone.

I have the s100 Dual IDE V2 operating with the Z80 board.  I loaded the Kingston 4gB CF with a disk image of CP/M3 that I found on the s100computers site. The image was provided by Yoda?

Anyway I used win32diskimager to write the image file (.img) to the CF. Then I mounted the CF on my IDE board and was able to boot up with no problem.  That's great!

Now my problem is that I would like to store my current image from my IDE to my PC. I want to do this because I have modified the original image and I want to store the new image on my PC as backup.

When I remove my CF from the IDE and mount it into my I/O reader on my PC the win32disk imager won't recognize the drive. It can't read any files and wants to format! There must be something I am
doing wrong. How does one save a disk image in the .img notation?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Harold