RE: [N8VEM-S100:7360] Re: 8086 Board now available for shipping

Just wanted to let everybody know I assembled the new V2a 8086 CPU board today and switched over all the chips from the old board.

Worked perfectly the first time I popped it into the box (a rare occurrence!).  Have it running with a 30MHZ oscillator (S100 bus Phi=10MHz)

See here for a picture

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/8086%20Board/8086%20CPU%20Board.htm

John

BTW one suggestion to hard core users. See if you can stock your old board with chips to use it as a backup in case this board gives trouble in the future.  Swapping boards in the S100 bus is one of its great features as it quickly narrows down hardware issues.  BTW this is one of the most reliable boards I have used here. Just keeps on going no matter how its abused with bus conflicts etc. during debugging/prototypes.