Re: [N8VEM-S100:5375] Z80 CPU board - D2/D3 port timing problem

Hi Philippe,

I've been looking at the timing diagrams you posted, particularly the last diagram, the time delays here are very small in the region of 50-100Mhz (20nS-10nS) and at the limit of 74LS parameters.

My initial thoughts would be to suggest you match the chips used on your board to the types/series suggested by John on the Z80 CPU board page as per the mods for 10Mhz operation and then re-capture the waveforms.

All 74xx chips are 74LS, except the following which are 74Fxx:-
U2,U3, U12, U8, U4, U23, U25, U38, U39, U40, U45, U30,  U35, U22 and U21.

I populated my board as above and it seems to run fine at 10Mhz in partial latch mode, I have not noticed an instability or crashing when running Borland Turbo Pascal in CP/M 3.0 banked mode.

regards

David Fry