Re: [N8VEM-S100:7415] Re: V3 Dual IDE/CF S100 Bus board initial checks

>> Roger are you sure you are sending the right configuration codes to the 8255.  I don’t want to have to spend
>> time going back and digging into that to find the bits are wrong.

Not much digging required -- lines 44 and 45 of the MYIDE code.  80h sets all ports to output, and 92h sets port C to output, and ports A&B to input.

How familiar are you with the 8255?

Not very.  If I have to do parallel, I prefer the Zilog PIO.
>> Absolutely incorrect!  RD* & WR* are the generalized bus signals pulsing all the time.

OK ... I looked at the GAL code, and I can see they are derived directly from the bus.  My mistake!
>> If so send personal e-mail.

Personal e-mail on the way.

Roger