Re: [N8VEM-S100:6296] Re: An updated (V3) version of our Dual IDE/CF card S100 bus board

Oop's here it is

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 6:33:18 PM UTC-8, yoda wrote:
It doesn't appear you attached the schematics?  I see a compact flash doc attached?

Dave

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 8:18:00 PM UTC-6, monahanz wrote:

So you’re suggesting latching the RD*/Data signals as well then Roger using a 74LS373 and an inverted RD* (RD) as I did for the writes.  This unfortunately will require another IC chip (I have run out of inverter gates) but not a problem, plenty of room on this board.

Could everybody take a look at this schematic and let me know what you thing.  (Remember LS373’s accept the data when clock is high, latch it when clock returns low.  The OE*’s will be low/on for as long as the CPU will allow (sINP or sOUT high).

John

From: n8ve...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:02 PM
To: n8ve...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:6296] Re: An updated (V3) version of our Dual IDE/CF card S100 bus board

>> One confusing thing is in what respect are we talking about read and write. In terms of the S100 bus/CPU or
>>the 8255.    Let’s talk in terms of the CPU.

>> Dave since you feel the problem is just with the CPU WR* signal  (particularly the 68K), then I will go back to
>>using the 74LS244 for the CPU read (S100 bus DI lines).

When I designed my 68K SBC, I had a great deal of difficulty with the 68K R/W* signal (particularly with reads, as I remember it).  I was able to get a CF to work well with the Z80 (two SBC's) directly (no 8255), but the CF seems to like a clean write or read pulse, and the 68K R/W* just didn't seem to do it.  I had to go with an 8255 to get the CF to work with a 68K.  And it works quite well that way.  Maybe that's what you need to focus on with the 68K CPU card (clean up R/W*)???

Roger