Re: Looking for MSX2 expertise

Had a look over the schematic CrossRef with the msx tech manual and looks ok, U21B.5 i have connected to the PPICS* signal though,

question: do we need the "board select" switches/682's ? is the board in reality more likely to just have straight address decoding via U33 to the PPI, Printer, UART? and the addresses fed straight to the various ROM, RAM, and I/O ? the only brains of the operation is the PPI which selects which chip select lines to get enabled at which addresses of 16KB blocks?

the VDP and Sound board however will need the address decoding as we dont want to route out U33 pin(s)  11 and 12 to the PSG and VDP respectively.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5489/do2b.jpg

[URL="">

looking forward to this board!!