Re: [N8VEM-S100:1808] S-100 68K CPU board V3

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 18:22:09 UTC+1, yoda  wrote:

> Yes I will be posting a lot of stuff in a couple of weeks (source code, pictures, etc).

Shiny :)

> Yes I have not forgotten the other project and am using this as a stepping stone for monitor and other code.  I have been thinking about it a lot and have come to the conclusion we may be better off with just a 68040 SBC then trying to marry the 68360 to one.  The  68360 introduces a lot of complexity that is not really necessary.  I think we are going to have to accept some type of small board with SMT memory on it to get to where we want to go.  I think we are seeing the same thing happen on the 80386 board as well.  I am looking at ways to make a small FPGA into a memory controller and still have room for some more functions in it like timers which we will need for linux or other unices.

I've been looking for an S-100 board which could potentially run NetBSD. Theoretically the baseline would be a 68020 plus 68851, though '040 would probably make more sense there as well :) (or Coldfire, but thats a different path).

If the 040 SBC gets to the "pre-order but with no defined timescale" stage then I'd definitely be interested :)