From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of yoda
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:22 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Cc: cct...@classiccmp.org
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:1811] S-100 68K CPU board V3

Hi Andrew!!!

Yes I will be posting a lot of stuff in a couple of weeks (source code, pictures, etc).

Yes I have not forgotten the other project and am using this as a stepping stone for monitor and other code.  I have been thinking about it a lot and have come to the conclusion we may be better off with just a 68040 SBC then trying to marry the 68360 to one.  The  68360 introduces a lot of complexity that is not really necessary.  I think we are going to have to accept some type of small board with SMT memory on it to get to where we want to go.  I think we are seeing the same thing happen on the 80386 board as well.  I am looking at ways to make a small FPGA into a memory controller and still have room for some more functions in it like timers which we will need for linux or other unices.

I am also going to look at the amount of work required to put uclinux on the s100 68K.  It will be a swapping version but a lot of code should be reusable going forward so it is not a wasted effort.

We should probably chat sometime on the direction we want to go on this project and come up with a plan.

Dave

PS I am glad we finally got here too - this is the architecture I like the most (not an Intel fan).