RE: [N8VEM-S100:7593] Re: setup for the serial I/O board?

OK Harold, get the picture.

First the MAX chips should not run hot, not even warm!  Are you sure you don’t have the caps in backwards?  I got mine way back from Jameco.

To get back to the CPM prompt in CPM use the  BDOS Function 0.  Put 0 in [C] and JMP to 05H. (I seem to remember you can also juts JMP to 0H in RAM to do a reset).

I also seem to remember I had code such that hitting the ESC key in the menu aborted the program and brought you back to the  CPM command line.  Check this out first.

Can you get the loop around test I mentioned earlier to work at 38K (removing the MAX chips and using the 5V levels on the Zilog pins)?

John