Re: [N8VEM-S100:6995] S100 extender board

Question about the capacitors for the 7805 on the S-100 extender board.

Might I substitute a couple 1uF Electrolytic capacitors for C1 and C3 as I have them available on-hand to me in my shop.
I see the values 0.33uF and 0.1uF called for on the extender board schematic, just as a typical circuit in the 7805 datasheet indicates. I see such a wide variety of values in schematics out in the DIY world.

Must they be polarized? I've got some 50v ceramics on-hand of those values.