Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 13:46:49 -0800
From: bbel...@gmail.com
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:6322] 8" floppy disk drives - looking for some

Hello most wise S-100 group:

I have completed the backplane (N8VEM version 2) and power portions of my new S-100 computer (I'll post some photos when I get a chance...) and now I am searching for 8" floppy disk drives for it.  My original S-100 (from the late '70s, and still working) is standardized on the Siemens FDD100-8 using a CCS 2422 Controller.  I have several of these drives, some not working, and was interested in using the same model drive in this new machines for the sake of consistency and because I have complete owner and service manuals for these drives.  My question to the group:

Does any one know of a source for these drives, or does anyone have any of these drives, working or not, that they would be interested in selling?
I had acquired several of the units I have from Ebay, but I have not seen any on there for several years now.

Thanks for your help!

Bob Bell