From:  John Monahan Ph.D
e-mail: mon...@vitasoft.org
Text:    mon...@txt.att.net

-----Original Message-----
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Birkel
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:32 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:870] 1.1k 10-pin Resister Pack supplier (or alternative
values)?

The S-100 MSDOS Board, Z80A Master CPU Board, and Serial I/O Board all
specify the use of a 1.1k 10-pin Resister Pack.

This seems to be an uncommon part.  Is there a recommended supplier?

Alternatively, is the value critical in these three board-uses?

The S-100 MS-DOS Board uses a pair of packs (RR7/8) as input pull-up
resistors on the two 74LS165 address decoders. The Z80A Master CPU Board
similarly uses three packs (RR3/4/7) as input pull-up resistors on its three
74LS165 address decoders.  It seems to me that in this use the values are
fairly non-critical.  What is the recommended, commonly-available,
alternative resistor value?

The Serial I/O Board is a bit more complicated.  It uses a single pack
(RR1) which connects to PU1K-A thru PU1K-I.

    1. PU1K-A/B/C are used on the Z8530 UART_INT*, UART_IEI, and UART_INTA,
apparently as input pull-ups.
    2. PU1K-E/F are used as pull-ups on two outputs of a open-collector
74LS06N (the other 4 outputs are spares).
    3. The remaining 4 pack-resistors are spared.

Given this mixed-use, what would be the recommended, commonly-available,
alternative resistor value?  Or should I consider hand-wiring single
resistors in each case -- and then what would be the recommended values in
each case (UART input pullups; o.c.
pullups)?

Thanks!

paul