Re: FreeRouter No longer available. Long term plans for Board layouts

I think going to a for-pay solution would really make it hard for new people to help out with the project.

For example, I'm doing the run of the new ECB 6x0x board, and after Andrew L sent the EDA files over to me, John C and I found a small issue that needed to be fixed before we could make boards.  So I went into KiCad and fixed it.  If it were done in some commercial program, I would have had to bug Andrew L about it (and he's pretty busy these days).  I'm working on my first "new" board design which is an ECB bus monitor extended out from the original 8-bit data / 16-bit address format to 16/24 - and Andrew L was able to share the EDA files with me to get me going.

Maybe on the S-100 side it's less of an issue as less people are making new boards and the design seems to be concentrated with you.

Also, the FSF has offered some legal support, so maybe this will all get cleared up.