RE: [N8VEM-S100:38] Re: Z80 and SIO board running

Kenro, I'm running all my S100Computers.com  type  boards here at 10MHz (+
two I/O wait states). Cannot speak for other boards.

As it turns out I have just revisited the IDE board we did this time last
year.  I want to do a dual drive/ CD card version, so I have been thinking
about software for it again.  Am redoing the diagnostic program right now.
As to a kind of plug & play approach the issue, is it becomes equation of
benefit/effort. If it's to help people get around the chicken/egg  bringing
CPM up the first time from a PC I thinking perhaps dump everything on a
partitioned drive/CF card under MSDOS/windows and have a simple S-100
program suck it off one time to get CPM going.  This allows each person to
fine tune their BIOS etc. first.

For regular transfers once up, I describe here how I do it over a serial
connection.

http://s100computers.com/Software%20Index%20Page.htm

Not pretty, but works very well.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to do
a proper Windows/CPM shared approach - I 'm hoping somebody else will.
John