RE: [N8VEM-S100:3472] 10 Pin RS-232 connector

Hi Group,

It was discussed a long time ago that I should use a 10pin header for the RS-232 connection, then a ribbon cable can connect the chassis mounted DB connector to the board.

What pin out should I use?  I've see three different pinouts for a 10Pin RS-232 header.  One that maped the wires to an IDC 9 pin D-Sub. Another that mapped pin 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc and another pinout that didn't make any sense at all.

I personally think the first pinout is the best, it allows cables to be built very quickly.

Next question.... (looking at John)....
I'm trying to include the use of Phantom,  I've read through the section in "Interfacing to S-100 / IEEE 696" book.  It looks like it just overrides the Board Select and keeps the buffers in Tri-State.  Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks,
Regards,
Josh Bensadon