Re: [N8VEM-S100:4303] Re: Another route to write a CPM3 image to a CF card for the S100 IDE board

Dave -

Certainly a better solution, thanks!

If you need "alpha" testers give a shout.

- Gary

On 6/20/2014 10:44 AM, yoda wrote:
Gary

I would discourage doing this - I hope to have 4 images up this weekend that will solve the problem. The ones John has have the holes in the filesystem which we have eliminated and having both flavors out there is going to cause a lot of confusion. I plan to publish as a starter the following 4 images. Banked with serial, Banked with prop console, Non-Banked with serial and Non-Banked with prop console. These images will support an A and B IDE drive and will have the standard binaries found in CPM3 plus maybe some other goodies. These images can be copied to a CF with win image as you suggest or dd if you use Linux or Mac. This will allow people to get running very quickly. I will follow this up with sources and general instruction on how to build, modify the images and source to add new drivers, etc. I need to do some cleanup of the sources and procedures for building and modifying things - that is going to take me a week or so because I want to do testing of the code. The four images I put up will have booted on my machine (I hope - I have booted the serial ones but need to finish off getting my prop console up tonight so I can test the others).

Dave