RE: [N8VEM-S100:7589] Re: setup for the serial I/O board?

Which system,  “the system initializes to 38400 when I boot up”.  Still not clear to me what you are trying to do.  If you just want to get back to the Z80 monitor within MYIO just jump to 0F000H (or wherever your z80 monitor resides) with a command put into the MYIO code. (If you are using a banked CPM3 system, first switch back in the ROM).  If you want to get back  to CPM,  the menu ESC key should do it.

If you can transfer a file at 19200 you are well on you way, some older systems/cables etc. may not do 38K.  Much better is to use the USB port for file transfers BTW.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of hlrj...@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 8:02 AM
To: N8VEM-S100
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:7589] Re: setup for the serial I/O board?

Here is where I am at.

I have finished building the serial I/O board. I followed the build procedure on the s100computers web site. No problem booting up my Z80 when the board is mounted.  I then ran MYIO.COM from CP/M to run the loop test. Unfortunately the loop test failed at the 38400 baud setting. However the test worked fine at all rates up to 19200.

I used TeraTerm on my PC with the serial port A connected to a com port of the PC. I wired the connection as described in web site.  I crossed TXD to RXD, and CTS to RTS and tied DSR,DCD, and DTR together.

Unfortunately I was not able to try any file transfer because the system initializes to 38400 when I boot up. If I use MYIO to change the baud rate I don't know how to exit CP/M and go back to the monitor program without a reboot.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Harold