Re: Run of Dual CF-Card/Hard Disk IDE S-100 Boards

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the update,
OK that's all good and shows that for the right port value the correct Drive Select LED lights up.

I'd just like to confirm you are using the MYIDE V2.9 Diagnostic ? (I use the 4K ROM based version which only accesses one drive - no copy operation in the menu)

Can you do the following for me:-

Place one of your CF cards in the right hand CF slot P41 and remove the left hand adapter.
In your MYIDE software select Drive A (menu item 'A' i think)
Verify that D18 lights up (Select Drive A)
Now use menu items 'I' and 'R' to verify that you can step through sectors and read data from the CF card to the buffer/display on screen.

If all is well then swap the adapter to the left hand slot P40
Select Drive B (menu item 'B')
Verify that D19 lights up (Select drive B)
again use menu items 'I' and 'R' to verify that you can step though sectors and read data to the buffer/display on screen.

The purpose of this is to test both slots independently and check the corresponding slot does in fact match what the LED's indicate.

If your CF cards are blank it might be useful to put some data onto them with a hex editor (HxD) in the first few sectors.

Regards

David Fry