RE: [N8VEM-S100:2153] Re: S-100 existing board pre-order requests

 Look, how many people are there that're really, really stuck for one board? I hate to even float this idea, but I'm sitting on about 40 unbuilt boards, and if I do 5 of them this year, I'd be impressed. I know I could spare 2 backplanes, and probably 1 or 2 SMB boards. I'd be reluctant to part with a board that I've only got one of (just in case...), but I'd hate to see someone do a wirewrap of a board that I won't build for two more years anyway. The ZFDC took me two tries to get in the first place, so I wouldn't part with that.

My reluctance mainly concerns versioning. Early boards weren't even ID'd on the silkscreen AFAIK, so figuring out what version is there is awkward, and you don't want someone to be disappointed because they got an older board than they expected. I'd want to cover the cost of replacing the board (including shipping) plus shipping to the builder. I think I could part with 4 or 5 boards if they were urgently needed, and there must be one or two others out there in a similar situation.

It would be easier to be able to pre-order and pre-pay boards that needed to be replaced, but that just adds to Andrew's workload. I can always just add my name to the re-order list, it just gets difficult to keep track.

Regards,

Matt Turner