RE: [N8VEM-S100:7405] Re: V3 Dual IDE/CF S100 Bus board initial checks

Roger, before you give up let me take another try.  I need to know in detail however your setup

What Z80 board, what S100Computers boards.  What Phi, clock speed.

Can you get to an absolutely minimum system Z80, RAM, Console I/O and V3 IDE.

Did you say you also have tried V1 & V2 boards, (if so that makes me suspicious you have some other board with a port(s) overlap).

You say you cannot write to the 8255. What about configuration writes?   Check by setting port A or B up as simple input ports.  Tie one or more pins high/low and see if you get the correct input data.  Let me know answers to the above before I go further.

John