Re: [N8VEM-S100:6325] Meanwell QP-200F Power Supply

Alex:  It's well worth reading the bottom portion of John's page, including his thoughts about using switching Power supplies:

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/The%20Box/The%20Box.htm

Example:  http://www.mpja.com/9-Volt-Power-Supply-167A-Switching-Meanwell/productinfo/18367%20PS  currently on sale @$10

Spec: http://www.meanwell.com/search/S-150/S-150-spec.pdf

Note that it can be adjusted downwards to 8v.  Only 150w, but that's still a lot of juice ... and way more than enough for an 8-slot set-up :->.