Re: S-100 System Monitor Board V2 building hints and experiences

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:46:16 AM UTC-5, Frank Schieschke wrote:
I prefer the NKK-switches. They are feel better while switching.

Hmm yes I've used those and they're nice, but I tried searching NKK at Digikey and got 7936 pushbuttons and 3114 toggle switches to contemplate.  Typical digikey I can parametric search on 30 irrelevant things like LED color and 100 variations on AC vs DC current rating, but not on critical things like lead spacing and diameter.  Parametric search on websites... so easy to do, so hard to get perfect...

Its important to mention that I'm planning on PCB mounting the switches, soldered directly to the PCB, not panel mounting them and running wires to the PCB.  Long story.  When I finish building the case and post some pix, then it'll make sense, probably.  So for aesthetics if nothing else, I need them all about the same height.