Hi! Here is the N8VEM project list with status separated into
three categories: Planned, Active, and Under Consideration. I’ve removed
the completed projects where the PCBs are available:
- ECB uPD7220 GDC second prototype
- ECB MSX cartridge reader
- MSX cartridge board
- status: not started. Has anyone built one of the ECB extended
backplanes? Do they work? Do we even need an active terminator for the new
- status: not started. It has been a while for this one. John is
working on an S-100 ZFDC board which uses the WD2793 so it probably makes sense
to let this one wait until the S-100 ZFDC is done
- status: started schematic capture. Max and I are working on this project
as time permits.
- status: not started. This project is low priority and waiting for
some of these other projects to clear out first.
- status: in work. Wolfgang requested to hold the ordering the
prototypes until after December so he can do some updates. On hold pending
- status: initial prototype PCB designed and trace route optimization
underway. No estimate for completion yet
- status: first prototype board ordered and sent to builder team. Build
and test underway with expected rework in progress. Second prototype PCB looks
likely given scope of changes.
- update: second prototype board in build and test. Some minor design changes but board is firming up fast. Probably a third prototype PCB will be needed.
- Looks pretty solid and probably ordering manufactured PCBs in the
- status: first prototype board ordered and distributed to builder
team. Initial build and test under way. See Douglas Goodall wiki for update on
- status: Nothing on PCB, prototype is in construction. Slow progress as
- status: ordered prototype boards which should be available mid-January 2011
- status: reordered PCBs have arrived ($12 each) and only one left. Have to reorder another batch soon.
S-100 8086 CPU board
- status: initial schematic capture and PCB layout started.