SD card formatting for ECB SD Board

All —

I’ve found a good way to make a large bootable SD card for the board. Formatting a 2gb card using the SBC188 is crazy slow…I got to 1% after about 10 hours.

I used the “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool” which enables you to select the file system type (FAT, FAT32 or NTFS…select FAT) and whether to make the drive bootable. For SD cards, I selected “Quick Format” and “Create a DOS startup disk”. Point the tool at a folder on your hard drive which contains MSDOS system files for whichever version you need (I have a DOS622 folder). It will format the card, make it bootable, and copy the core system files (command.com, io.sys and msdos.sys) to it.

Works like a charm and is much faster than using the SBC188 to format a large card.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers