RE: [N8VEM-S100:854] The S-100 ZFDC board PCBs are here!

Hi Robert and Brad,

The S-100 waiting list is really sort of a “gentleman’s agreement” and there is nothing binding about it.  It functions as more of a loose guideline than anything else.  Builders request boards and have to drop off all the time.  It’s real life and I get it.

The way I see the S-100 waiting list is that it is a measure of the community interest and I’ll notify the group and the individuals once a board arrives.  However there is no consequence if someone doesn’t get the board they requested.  Frequently other builders jump in to get boards after the order is made so as long as they all go out it is OK with me.

Almost all of the builders honor the S-100 waiting list and the Yin and the Yang of “drop outs” versus “last minute jumpers” balance each other out for the most part.  It works well enough for our purposes at least for the really popular boards.

Some of the lesser known or new boards can tend to sit around for a while so I’ll post those on eBay.  With the exception of the accidental double order (my fault) of the S-100 Serial IO boards they’ve all found their homes and that’s what matters.  Even the S-100 Serial IO board PCB stack is starting to diminish which is good news!