RE: [N8VEM-S100:732] S-100 board PCBs waiting list

Would be identical!

John

From:  John Monahan Ph.D

e-mail: mon...@vitasoft.org

Text:    mon...@txt.att.net

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Goodall
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:35 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:732] S-100 board PCBs waiting list

Hi John,

It would be handy (reduce number of BIOS's..) if such a board were software compatible

with your 8086 board.

Douglas

On Feb 26, 2012, at 12:10 PM, John Monahan <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:

Hi Everybody, I’m thinking of doing an 8088 CPU board as a stepping stone for people going from a Z80 to 8086 board. They have 90% the same circuit but of course would work with “old RAM/ROM boards/ports” and make it easier for people to make the transition into the 16 bit world. Clearly to switch over to 8086 you would later need the 8086 board, and 8086 CPU (and 16 bit RAM), that’s about it. You could use all the other 8088 board chips.

Would there be an interest?

John