Re: [N8VEM-S100:554] Best place to start building S100 computer?

Which OSes are you planning to run? Are you planning to go strictly 8-bit or do you see a 16-bit CPU at some time?

Go with the switchers for PSs. I got a 40amp 7.5VDC on that I was able to tweak up to 7.9VDC for $40 on eBay. I have several old linear power supplies as well; huge heavy transformers; if you really want to that way and want to pay shipping let me know. Note that the really large computer grade electrolytic caps are becoming hard to find; any at 10 years old are questionable; at 15 years old be very suspicious of them. I have some at 30+ years old that have been reformed however they are still old electrolytic caps and will fail; often very loudly and rather violently.

I've only needed a logic analyzer when working on beta boards; it sounds like you have a decent kit to build the boards with. They are good quality; assemble well and from my experience tend to work well.

Sent from my iPad