Best place to start building S100 computer?

Greetings!

I am a long time computer user dating back to the days of the 8088.
Back then I saw at least one S100 type computer but never personally
owned one.  The thought of owning one has always intrigued me a little
bit, and now thanks to the hard work of Andrew and John as well as
others, it looks like that may be possible with a little bit of work
and patience!

I'd like to start by collecting the basic "core" parts such as a power
supply and motherboard and build up from there.

Fortunatly I am friends with someone in the custom transformer field
so getting a decent transformed sized just for this purpose should be
pretty strait forward, and perhaps even less expensive then using 2 or
3 seperate SMPS units.  I already have heavy heatsink mounted
rectifier diodes, filter caps, etc so that helps too.

Besides the power supply I guess the next steps would be ordering a
motherboard PCB, Z80 Master CPU PCB, Serial I/O PCB, and a RAM PCB as
well as all nessessary componants.  It sounds like the serial I/O PCB
is available now but I'd have to go on a waiting list for the others.

I am fully equipped to build and test these boards--my workbench
consists of EPROM programmers, digital and analog oscillioscopes,
function generators, counters, SMD rework station, etc.  I did have a
decent logic analyzer until my old Tek 7603 frame died and took my
7D01/DF2 modules with it.  If the need arrizes I guess I can source
one of those USB units.

Does this approach seem like a reasonable place to start?

Thanks!
Dieter Kedrowitsch - W3DRK