To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4432] Re: v20-16, z80-20 and chip counterfeits
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:25:02 -0400

Watch out for bogus or dead 232 chips too.  A friend tells me that chips from China, with a MAX232 label, were DOA or got really, really hot in operation.  He says that when he looked at the chip markings with a magnifying glass, they looked fuzzy and poorly done.  Wonder if these were real MAXIM production, moved offshore, or counterfeits???

Roger