RE: [N8VEM-S100:526] updated S-100 waiting list

Sorry guys for the delay. (Just returned from a 7 day business trip to Ireland).

The “MSDOS Support board” is a catch all S-100 board to make the S-100 system appear as an IBM-AT in terms of hardware for MSDOS. It’s not 100% because of space limitations, but it has the Dallas CMOS RTC (with its onboard RAM – most critical), one 8259A Interrupt controller (and LED bard showing which interrupt line is triggered), an onboard (if need EEPROM up to 256K 16 bit wide), the Intel 8254 triple counter and support circuitry for sound (as in AT) and a wait stare generator circuit that can be addressed anywhere as a hole in the 16M address space to take care of slow RAM with a very fast CPU (eg Video RAM). Have the prototype board working for past month. Andrew is doing the final “commercial quality board”. Will try and write it up on S100computers.com within the next week.

Just assembled our recent 8086 board. Works great, no problems. I run it at 9MHz with MSDOS 4.01 & CPM86+ (2 I/O wait states). Have had it up to 10.5MHz but that’s pushing it for other boards.

For those currently building the board. No changes what so ever the only error is the silk screen labels on the board for I/O and EEPROM wait stares were switched.  Again I hope to write up a detailed step by step list of instructions within the next few days. Stay tuned.

John

John Monahan Ph.D

510-502-5890

mon...@vitasoft.org