Re: [N8VEM-S100:3184] Re: GAL's and PALASM

On 4/22/2014 2:52 PM, monahanz wrote:

However if I set “Y” for “Minimize Boolean” in the Compilation
Options,  the compile does not give an error but no .JED file is
written.

[snip]

Bob, I'm just learning how to use PALASM4.  What I'm trying to figure
out is how to emulate in software the circuit attached here:-

Funny.   I was going to follow up on this.

But first I wanted to play with some of my 'known good' Heath H89 PAL designs. To my surprise, PALASM4 didn't generate a .JED file...

Once I set the DOS PATH statement correctly, everything worked.

The executable sequence should be:

PARSE
BPP
EXPAND
BPP
MINIMIZE
PALXPT

With the path is not set correctly, PALXPT does not execute and the JED file is not created.

Can you verify?

I'll follow-up on the memory decoder question soon.

Rob.