Re: Help with S-100 VDP board VGA output

Hi Pontus!  Thanks!  Using an LM1881 is a great idea.  It is an 8 pin
DIP and commonly available part -- perfect!

I did not know about that chip but it seems perfect for this
application.

Once we generate VSYNC it can be fed to the VGA interface logic.

The board won't be truly VGA compatible since the dot clock is too
slow (NTSC rates) but for some recent LCD monitors they can sync at
very low rates.

We've had decent success with this on the N8VEM Color VDU project and
it works well.