RE: [N8VEM-S100:4536] My first S100 computer is alive !

Looks real nice Philippe! It’s a wonderful feeling to see that Z80 signon notice the first time.

Yes, based on what you have the SMB (v2) and IDE boards would be the next logical steps.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Philippe Elie
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:36 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4536] My first S100 computer is alive !

Hi guys,

an update about my system : now the 4MB SRAM is up and running (actually 64K of it as I only use a Z80 currently).

I modified John's monitor to make it work without the console I/O board, quite easy. I had to force the buffered A20 and A21 address lines of the SRAM board to ground though, having a passive backplane there is not pulldown resistors.

I wonder now what the next step should / could be.... I am quite tempted to build the SMB, I think that would be of great help for forthcoming debugging...

Having lots of fun !!

cheers

Philippe