RE: [N8VEM-S100:139] File Transfer

Rich, if you have time you may want to try the 'PCGET & PCPUT" programs I
described here
http://s100computers.com/Software%20Index%20Page.htm

for  quickly moving of files to/from a PC/S-100 system.  They are stripped
down versions of Ward Christenson's MODEM program. Just asks for file name
(erases old file if present) and goes to it.  I have been using it for years
now. With a USB port on the S-100 bus
http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Serial%20IO%20Board/Serial%20IO
%20Board.htm
file transfer is essentially instantaneous. But even old serial ports are
fast.

You can use one of the many TELNET interfaces you like on the PC end -- I
use the Celestial Software one "Absolute Telnet"  one.   Using one of those
USB to serial cable connectors/converters the whole thing is simple &
reliable. I leave the connection between the two systems in place and just
use when required.

John