S-100 80286 CPU board now running at 12 MHz.

More good news Guys.  I now have our 80286 S-100 board running at 12 MHz (no wait states) with our 4MG Static RAM board.

I noticed that my bus controller (U68) was a 82C288.  Looking around here I found I had an 82C288-10. When I tried that, the board came up fine at 12MHz (no wait states).  Clearly the CMOS clock generator while rated for 10MHz, works at a higher speed. The original 82C288 I think is for 8MHz, pushing it to 12 was too much.

Fortunately I already have a 12Mhz clock generator (28C284-12) on board.

Looking here:-

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/80286/MANUF-AMD.html

I see there are PLCC 16MHz AMD chips.  Does anybody know where to find these chips and the corresponding -16 clock generator and bus controllers.

John