[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
S-100 FPMini Front Panel Board Update
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: S-100 FPMini Front Panel Board Update
- From: Don Caprio <ilv...@gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 18:36:16 -0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of ilv...@gmail.com designates 2607:f8b0:400e:c02::22f as permitted sender) smtp.mail=ilv...@gmail.com; dkim=pass head...@gmail.com; dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=u2KAhi8Lds2iXfAWoHFLdlnCQ0ZEo+8lUT6DouZf5tw=; b=jvQVHPhUfrpzBtubcJKO9kDWU9A5S9OOHrG+H35PJSWxvcwY0X+RXJ8ko8jgYSwzbI NoHZIf2x0oUuZjVIoeMTtE3De+AruRzCwFkmDaUPfAfjhK8aCnNfYluBQyJqi60thcjr SDkqZVvDO0EVPXO+ZlY+BTM+FyH/InjIPiWtmm5XsDBAPp5lmZ9ismzWO+9ZxyZ47tjB KRrztt/pMU8YO62GGkshcYYYkpz+52KWswINURRLZgGpqDjx+Ek1xO9m0FJEVM13H/nO 4+tEuumz0+O4U2Y75ejs+ctCBjTUcS55bI7kRq5/bQGR9JbNiq5DH2Su4Fx6c59iIB6O LAsQ==
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; SunOS i86pc; rv:10.0.6esrpre) Gecko/20120731 Thunderbird/10.0.6
Thanks to all who have shown interest in the FPMini front panel board.
Looks like we'll be ordering about sixty boards. That should leave ten or
so available for late request.
Switch set interest has been high as well. Looking at 35 sets for a
total of 735 switches.
Now for the bad news. During last minute review of the PCB files I noticed
that the switch footprints were upside down. This had to be corrected
me to reroute the board. The board is auto routing now and I expect it
to be completed in a week or so. I expect to place the PCB order the week of
Aug 18th. Just thankful I caught this now and didn't end up with a pile
only appreciated by our dyslectic friends.
Request for switch sets has settled down. Since the order is going to
take 10-12 weeks
to fill we should get this order in. Manufacturer requires me to pay in
advance for the
switch order. The total order is coming in just under $3,000 (less tax
and shipping )
so I'm going to have to ask for most folks to pay in advance. I'm not
sure how best to handle this.
Thinking I should give folks a couple weeks to get payment to me then
I'll place the order.
I'm hoping to stay under PayPal's radar and avoid them taking a cut.
Mailing a check or money
order could work as well.
Looking for feedback from group on best way to handle this. I remember
this as a topic in the past.
I had planed on funding the project but it's much bigger than I had
expected. My wife may not
understand why she has to wait until November for her patio furniture. :^)
I put together a short survey page to solicit answers. Folks may feel more
comfortable answering off list.
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all.