Re: S100 Backplane

Hi,

You can find two S-100 backplane (motherboard) available at eBay. One is Cromemco Blitz with 21 slots for starting bid: $29.95. The Blitz motherboard is well made but it did not have termination. You can use prototype board and use circuit available from N8VEM-S100 to reduce bus noise.

Second one, IMSAI EXP with 6 slots (five slots for S-100 boards plus one for S-100 front panel). Again, it did not have termination but you can do that same as above.

If you get one, first of all, clean it with strong vacuum then spray Hosa Deoxit for gold and ensure that chemical is safe for plastic (make sure to follow instruction how to use it). Then you will have a good advantage at affordable price if you win the bidding without others.

I would take Cromemco Blitz 21 slots motherboard and use switching power supplies similar to S100computers posted. Do not use linear power supply as it is not worth for money and difficult to find huge capacitors. IMSAI backplane is too old and used old PCB designed.

Wish you a lot of luck!
Steven