From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of G. Beat
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 8:03 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:5036] ARM CPU on the S100Bus-II

John -

The ARM module you are looking at is one of the Toradex Colibri modules.
http://developer.toradex.com/hardware-resources/arm-family/colibri-module

I stepped over to the Colibri Carrier Board section http://developer.toradex.com/hardware-resources/arm-family/colibri-carrier-boards

... and then to various modules (x86 / Intel Atom, etc.) in this form factor.
http://developer.toradex.com/hardware-resources/arm-family/colibri-module
===
Couple of professional warnings (my day job).

1.) When you go down thus route --- with a vendor's proprietary product / standard interface it is like marriage and outsourcing.  You are tied to another decision-maker -- independent of your unique vision and desires.
In thus instance, the vendor is in the dominant position.

2.) As I noted earlier, you are watching the next paradigm shift, System-on-Chip (SoC) We are too early in this life cycle, to pick the winners and losers.
A group will dominate the marketplace and a standard (form factor, signals presented, etc.) may or may not be developed.  Prototyping can always occur (it's your time), but whether it would financially proceed, as a project, requires group comittment and resources.
==
gb