Re: [N8VEM-S100:6153] 68000/68010 CPU board

Hi John

It is not the speed of the processor - it is the state machine timing.  I believe Pontius (spelling?) walked through the state machine and proved the timing is independent of processor speed so until the timing in the S100 state machine if fixed or the IDE board sensitivity,  it is pointless to proceed as I have never gotten it to work with the 68K board.  In fact I had to add some additional F series chips to get it working with the propeller board as well to get the IDE board to switch drives.  The 68K board works ok but is somewhat limited use when you can't reliably do I/O to S100 peripherals.  Wilcox pointed out the problems in his book but never gave a reliable solution.

Dave