Re: Newbie about to start building my first S100 system

Thanks to you all for the feedback ! I'd great to be part of a community of S100 fanatics, there are not many out there !

Considering your valuable comments , I think I will head towards switched PSU's,  buy the OWLS probe - it's 50 USD, so price is right and it's part of the fun to see those signals though an analyzer no ? I also spotted an eBay auction, including several S100 boards, one of which is a "Z80 CPU board with the identifier NSCC8303-0203-2n" ... the seller says this should be a NorthStar one, I fidn it interesting as it apparently has a EPROM on board and it comes with a RAM card, serial board (Scottie Systems ???) plus more stuff (Flashwriter and a wrapped board) for US$ 233 which looks not too bad ? What do you think ?
Have you heard about this Z80 board already ? I searched through the S100computers website but could find something similar...

thanks for your help !
Philippe