Re: Mini S-100 chassis........Re: [N8VEM-S100:7462] Playing with FP Mini, Crustys 8080, Con I/O & SMB

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Bob Bell <bbel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dan, FYI…

If you want to run 5V on the bus instead of 8V, you really don’t have to remove the regulators (yeah, that sound like an annoying job).  Just solder a jumper wire from input to output, then be sure you mark the board VERY carefully so you don’t put it into an 8V backplane.  In this configuration, the regulators draw a very nominal quiescent current that is significantly lower than anything else on the board.

​oh yea, that was my first plan. Then I remembered something about John Monahan's custom S-100 chassis on his website ​and saw the trick he did - so I went with that instead.

I'm still looking for something to use as a Mini S-100 chassis. I found some possibilities, just have to double check the dimensions. This is using the new 9slot backplane from Josh/Todd plus those switching power supplies. Also, it's always going to involve some bit of customizing to bolt everything inside it.
Dan